Match Reports

All County Jun Hurling League 1st Round [2012]

Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 12PM

All County Junior Hurling League

Galmoy 3-12, Dicksboro 1-10

In the end, Galmoy had an easy victory over Dicksboro on Saturday June 9th 2012 in Freshford to qualify for the quarter final of the All County Junior Hurling League. Once Dicksboro lost their best forward Darragh Buggy, to a serious hand injury at half time, their attack became rudderless and failed to raise a flag in the second half. Buggy had been causing serious problems for the winner’s defence as he struck a total of 1-5 in that opening half. The only two second half points for the city side came from the home made stick of impressive midfielder  Enda O’Donoghue.

Galmoy had a tonic start in the first minute when Nigel Stanley scrambled a Michael Harte delivery over the line. Darragh Buggy, twice and Ger O'Donoghue had Dicksboro on level terms by the eight minute. A point each from Jason Stanley, a free, and Tom Phelan edged Galmoy back in front before they raised another green flag. When Stephen Murphy was bundled over in the 14th minute ,he sent the resultant 20 metre free to the roof of the net. A point each from Stephen Murphy, a free, and Gavin Doherty extended their lead.

Darragh Buggy replied with two minors before he struck it rich. In the 23rd minute he fielded a good lineball from Rory Morrissey ,lost his marker and goaled from an acute angle to leave just two points between the sides. The remainder of the half was evenly contested with Galmoy forging a 2-7 to 1-8 halftime lead.

The winners lost Michael Brennan to injury midway through that half but the loss of Darragh Buggy proved a bigger burden for the city side. Phil Russell made a return to action, after a cruciate injury, for Galmoy when he was introduced in the 35th minute. Within five minutes of his introduction he made an impact. Gavin Doherty collected a low delivery from Martin Phelan and sent a high probing ball into the Dicksboro goalmouth. Russell tapped the ball down to himself one handed and, in the blink of an eye ,swept a ground shot whizzing to the net.

That goal clinched the game for Galmoy as they drove on from here to seal a quarter final meeting with Piltown. Best performers were Niall Doherty, Jason Stanley and Michael Harte while for Dicksboro, Jamie Lynch, Enda O Donohue and Tom Manning did most.

Galmoy: Liam Drennan, Brian Doherty, Brendan Phelan, Phil Doyle, Jason Stanley(0-2frees), Niall Doherty, Michael Brennan, Michael Harte, Eamon Corcoran, Tom Phelan(0-1), Nigel Stanley(1-0), Martin Phelan(0-2), Joe Dollard Stephen Murphy(1-4frees), Gavin Doherty  (0-2)

Subs: Eoin Glendon for Michael Brennan inj.19 mins, Phil Russell(1-1) for Joe Dollard 34 mins and Charles Brennan for Jason Stanley inj. 52 mins.

Dicksboro: Alan Duggan, Deady Molloy, David Carroll, Willie Cuddihy, Jamie Lynch, Mikie Hayes, Rory Glynn, Michael Rafter, Enda O Donohue(0-2),Peter Turley, Tom Manning, Rory Morrissey, Darragh Buggy(1-5,0-2frees), Ger O Donohue(0-1), Craig Cahill.

Subs: Peter Fitzpatrick for Darragh Buggy inj. 31 mins, Eoin Burke for Craig Cahill 55 mins.

Referee: John Guinan (St Lachtain’s)

Developed by
©2006—2018 Kilkenny GAA
You are 
 visitor. Thank you!